Saturday, August 14, 2010

What I did on my day off... Beware the epicness

Hey y'all (Look at me acting like i have readers)  not much going on right at the moment so I thought I would take some time and throw up another blog. I'm just going to talk about my day, as event filled as it wasn't.

So first of all, I don't generally work Fridays. I work for my brother at a bottled water store called Claysmore Spring Water and am lucky enough to have a 3 day weekend...all the time.  So to start off how my day went I have to let you know about a very epic LRT trip I had on the way home on Thursday. At the U of A LRT station, you have to take two long escalators down to the platform. Up at the top of this trek you can hear the bell that signifies the LRT's arrival, and you have about 20 seconds to get on the LRT. Well. I was just stepping on the  first escalator when the bell went off. So I hurtled down the first set of escalators, pulled a power turn onto the second step, hurtled down the second flight, nearly jumping a group of tiny Asian schoolgirls, and when i reached the bottom of the escalator, the final bell went that signaled that the LRT was pulling away, I power slid across the platform and jumped onto the LRT as the doors started to close behind me. I locked eyes with a couple of the passengers as i slid on and the doors closed behind me. It was pretty amazing, and i could tell everybody was impressed (or not, but it sounds better if they were) until I tried to walk away to a seat, and realized that my jacket was caught in the doors... It was epic.


Anyways, here's what I did on my day off. I ran errands. It was not as epic as my LRT Power Slide Entrance, but it was fun. My roommate and I had a few mutual stops we needed to make so we figured what the eff, we might as well do them together. So first we went to the bank, but he forgot his wallet so we went back to the house. We then went to the bank, where i deposited a check, and my rm broke his bank card. So we figured no biggie, we are here, he might as well get a new bank card. 30 mins later and he had a new card, account, blah blah blah. So already we were running behind schedule. Time for breakfast at Ricky's, which was right beside the bank luckily. So we head over there and fail to notice the sign in the window that says it's under renovations, so we spend another 5 mins whining about how the place was closed until we found the above-mentioned sign. So we head to a different Ricky's, gorge on some omelets and got ready to finish the day's tasks. As my rm started explaining his previously un-mentioned "list" I realize too late that my hour of errands is slowly turning into a day of errands. But I like to roll with the punches, so fine.

We head to the most hated mall in Edmonton, Mill Woods Town Center, and stop by Murray's for a mediocre but cheap haircut. So this is pretty much where we meet the last of my list... the only thing I have left to do is purchase a video game. My roommate still had like 20 things to do . So I go pick up my video game, taking my time because anybody who knows my roommate knows that he can take absolutely forever to do one thing. Oh yea, I got Dante's Inferno, awesome but creepy:


So i head back to my roommate, who is now shopping for things that were not on the list, and i convince him through sheer crazy eyes that maybe it's time to go. But no, we then head to payless shoes and I decide what the hey, I do need a pair, might as well.

$30, ya can't really go wrong. My roommate thought so too, because he picked up 3 pairs of shoes. 3!!! Anyways, the hour of errands turned into 6 hours of errands, and that is how i spent my day off. Now you are as bored from reading it as i was from doing it. Still a good time I guess, better than hermiting at the house all day.

That's it from me. See ya next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment