Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Marvel News: X-Men: First Class Cast Photo, Plus Cap, Thor, and Spider-Man


A lot of new pics and a little news has been released about the upcoming Marvel slate of movies recently, so I figured the best way to properly optimize both your time and mine was to incorporate all the stories into one convenient read for ya.


All right, I'm just feeling really lazy today. Whatever.


Let's start with some of the biggest news that dropped today, one of the first photos from X-Men: First Class was leaked online, but there are a few doubts regarding it's legitimacy. If it's real, this would be a huge leak as it reveals a lot of cast members and costumes I'm sure they weren't quite ready to reveal yet. Topless Robot has the pic:


So I don't know where I quite stand on this pic, as it's still uncomfirmed, and I was pretty distracted by January Jones as Emma Frost to really form any opinions of my own. But Splashpage did:


So here's the deal: The image first appeared at MSN.com earlier today, and though the page where it appeared was subsequently removed, The Hollywood Reporter has indicated that it's legit. Even so, we're still a bit skeptical about the shot, given the strong photoshop vibe coming from the image and how unlikely it would be for the studio to reveal this much of the cast at once rather than teasing out each character.
Until we get confirmation one way or the other, though, it's certainly worth discussing.
For example, what do you think about Azazel's appearance in the promo shot? The image also seems to give us our first look at January Jones' revealing take on Emma Frost — which appears to be quite faithful to the character's wardrobe in the comics world.
And while we're still waiting for word from the studio about the image's validity, here's a quick refresher on the characters depicted in it. From left to right, that's Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, Rose Byrne as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast, Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok, Zoƫ Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique, and James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier.
They also added this:
UPDATE: Fox has indicated to MTV News that this is not an authorized image from the "X-Men: First Class" movie.
So, "not an authorized" image doesn't mean that the characters and costumes portrayed aren't real, just that that exact image wasn't approved by Fox. Interesting. Moving on.
Another new shot of Chris Evans as Captain America has been released, and this one's cool because he's running. Plus he's running beside bombs so that's ACTION! 

Followed by a new shot of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, looking all Lion-O. Right? Anyone? Snarf snarf?

And finally, we move on to Spider-Man. The first shot of Denis Leary as Capt. George Stacy was released, as well as an interview segment with Conan where he talks about the accident prone Spider-Man musical:
Conan asked Leary if he’s seen the musical yet, and he answered:
“No, but I’m dying to see it. I’m not big on musical theater, I don’t really go, but if I can go to the theater and be guaranteed that guys are going to smash into walls and fall into the audience . . . that’s like NASCAR theater to me and I’ll pay extra money. I don’t want to see anybody seriously hurt, but I’ll pay an extra $400 if the guys are going to land on the people in front of me. I think it’s great. I think it’s a whole new kind of theater.”
There's also some more behind the scene shots of Spidey running down the streets of NYC as well as a Daily Bugle van, plus a couple more here:


/Film has a video of Spider-Man in action! Well, it's a behind the scenes video of a stuntman in a Spidey suit flipping into the back of a truck which you can view at the link, cuz I can't seem to embed it. Sorry. 

Anyway, that does it for this Marvel Movie Update, and I like it, so expect some more of these coming up, since as I mentioned before, I'm quite lazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment