Sunday, January 30, 2011

Superman Has Been Cast!


The moment a lot of us have been waiting for has finally arrived. The decision has been made as to who will portray Clark Kent/ Superman in Zach Snyder's upcoming reboot. We already heard that they would be searching for an unknown or an up and comer, much like Superman Returns, and well, here he is.


Henry Cavill will play the Man of Steel, and I can definitely agree he has the look. I'm not to familiar with him as an actor, but the same went for Brandon Routh, who has become a favorite of mine. This sits better with me than the rumored Joe Manganiello, who played Flash Thompson in Spider-Man.


Here's a photoshopped look at Cavill as Kal-El from /Film:



Not bad, right? This casting comes on the news that the reboot may be filming in Alberta, Canada much like Inception and Batman Begins, so I'm assuming maybe a Fortress of Solitude scene. I live in Alberta so I know they are coming up here for snow, if they are coming up here.


What do you think about this casting decision? Sound off in the comments section below!

5 comments:

  1. No sir, I don't like it. Superman is one of those characters who needs to at least be at his heart an American. Sure, he can be born anywhere in the world, but he should truly understand what it is to be an American to be Superman. The werewolf guy from True Blood was a way more inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I feel like it's the whole thing we had with Captain America again, Superman bleeds red, white, and blue, but this guy is still better than Matthew Goode from Watchmen that they were originally looking at. I was not down with that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ready to make a decision yet on this guy.

    Not to get off topic, but is that BATMAN: YEAR ONE Animated movie still happening? I'm totally out of the loop these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I haven't heard too much about it lately, hoping it still comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I think about it, the best pick for Superman is Armie Hammer, the dude they wanted for Batman in the JLA movie. The dude is taller than I am, he is of Russian Jewish descent (much like the Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster) he was born and raised in the states and he's married to a freakin' journalist. Someone get me a DeLorean or a phone booth, TARDIS or Bill&Ted, I'm going to fix this.

    ReplyDelete