Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'Dredd' Casts Lena Headey & First Look At The Lawmaster Bike

I Am The Law! 



I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming Dredd directed by Pete Travis and starring Karl Urban as Judge Dredd. Now back up, I know your thinking about the vomit inducing 90's Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone, but from all appearances this will not duplicate the camp travesty that preceded it. It's been promised as a faithful rendition of the character, and Karl Urban is a good choice in my opinion. 


The film has recently cast Lena Headey (300, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as the villain of the film, Madeline Madrigal, AKA Ma-Ma, a gang leader in Mega City One. I'm a big fan of Headey, Terminator: TSCC  was one of my favorite shows and I'm excited to see her involvement.




We also get the first look at Dredd on his ass kicking lawmaster bike:




Cool, I like the aesthetic the film seems to be taking, much grimier than Stallone's polished crap, which is how it should be. Mega City One was the worst of the worst, and we didn't really get to experienced that in Judge Dredd, not the way it was presented in 2000 A.D. where Dredd premiered.


What do you think of Dredd? Are you excited or still shamed by the 90's version? Sound off in the comments section below!

3 comments:

  1. I love her. SCC was fucking awesome, excellent choice of picture by the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yea she is pretty much amazing, I now will see Dredd for her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judge Dredd is gonna be sweet. Karl Urban is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, Lena Headey is smokin hot and the law master bike is almost rivaling Kaneda's bike and the Tron light cycle! Can't wait for this movie. Don't know how the hell I missed this article lol

    ReplyDelete