Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Bowl Movie Trailers!!!

Captain America, Transformers, Cowboys & Aliens, Priest, Fast Five, Battle: Los Angeles...



Yea, so every year I guess there's this big football shindig called the Super Bowl. Supposedly a big deal or something, I dunno. Anyway, it's well known for it's high priced commercials, and of course, the movie trailers. So if you want to talk Super Bowl, then go talk about it over at Grizzly Bomb, where Doc Kronner has his take on this years Super Bowl. I'm  gonna stick to what I know (which isn't really football), so here are some of the movie trailers that were premiered.


First, let's take a look at the greatly anticipated trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger:



Not bad, we get our first look at skinny Steve Rogers, and of course Cap in full battle gear. Plus the first look at Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull in full on Skull mode. Looks pretty bad ass, if I do say so myself. All in all, for a first look I'm not disappointed. 


You can check out Splashpage's 5 favorite moments from the trailer here.

And that wasn't the only Marvel trailer we got to see. Check out the new TV spot for Thor:



Still looks good, not a whole lot of new footage. I'm definitely excited for this one, and there's a few more screenshots at the link above.


Here's the trailer for Transformers: Dark of the Moon:



Meh... That is all.


Here's another one for Cowboys and Aliens, which director Jon Favreau released before the Super Bowl online:




I'm totally psyched for this movie, Ford looks bad ass and Olivia Wilde is dynamite.


Now we head on over to the Priest trailer. If you haven't heard of Priest the synopsis is after the trailer:




The story revolves around a legendary Warrior Priest (Bettany) from the last Vampire War who now lives in obscurity among the other downtrodden human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities ruled by the Church. When his niece (Collins) is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires, Priest breaks his sacred vows to venture out on a quest to find her before they turn her into one of them. He is joined on his crusade by his niece's boyfriend, a trigger-fingered young wasteland sheriff, and a former Warrior Priestess (Maggie Q) who possesses otherworldly fighting skills.


Moving on to the trailer for Fast Five, the fifth installment of the Fast and the Furious series:




Did we really need a fifth one? At least it gives Walker and Diesel some cash flow. 


And finally, we have the poorly named Battle: Los Angeles. This movie kind of gives me the Skyline feel, and that's not good. Anyways, here's the trailer:




And that's it, that's all I've got. I have one more trailer to show you, but that's coming up in a little bit. It's very X-citing. 


See what I did there.

ACTION!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed of you for including FIVE FAST, which based on title alone isn't cool enough to be included on your site. I am curious however to see the crowd reaction when they show the (I assume) make-out scene between Vin Diesel and The Rock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha I have friends who love the Fast series so I included it, but I'm right there with ya on that one.

    ReplyDelete