Thursday, April 28, 2011

The End Mixed With A Beginning

Big News, Must Read!!!


All right everybody. The time has come, and I am on the verge of revealing a very important decision that affects the future of SupaScoot's Action News. But I think we'll go back and look at the past for a better understanding of this future.

I first started writing with Dr. Kronner way back at Bam!Kapow! Now technically, I was there first, but if we are judging each other’s contribution to the site, Brian kicks my ass every time. I took a few leaves of absence during my time there, and during one of those absences, Doc took over at the site full time. So by the time I came back to work everything was different. It was fun, well organized, and had great readership. Needless to say, I no longer had reason to take any more time off. We started working together as a team instead of solo writers handing in articles, and eventually I became the Assistant Editor, helping Doc coordinate the various writers, organizing and editing articles, as well as contributing my own work, and we were having a blast. So when everything turned around on us and Doc was basically shunned from the site with zero recognition for all the hard work, the rest of us followed suit and left.



We had toyed with the idea of building our own site together, along with a lot of the team we had developed at B!K!, but things never got to the point that we were happy with. Time moved on and we stayed in contact, but I started losing my mind not being able to write about the things I love and created my own site to fill the void. You may have heard of it, it’s something of a big deal. Anyways, I definitely enjoyed building the site from scratch, and soon enough Doc started up his own site. Grizzly Bomb, another one you might have heard of. He populated it with great writers, and we continued to work together using our respective sites. Both sites began to prosper, and I started to think that this could work; we just might be able to reach the levels we had previously been working at, but this time doing it our own way, with our own rules.

And I’ve had a really great run here. I’ve started some new segments; some went very well(Gone Too Soon, Pass/Fail, Updates) and some failed miserably(What Are Friends For?, any kind of reporting whatsoever on Transformers: Dark of the Moon) but that didn’t matter, I was having fun. But something was still missing. No matter what I did to the site, it never fully gave me what I wanted out of it.  Then I realized what it was. I missed working with my friends. And I started thinking that with the amount we’ve accomplished separately, it won’t compare to what we can now do working together.

So the heavy decision has been made. This is the end of SupaScoot's Action News, but the beginning of something awesome as I join the crew over at Grizzly Bomb. In the future I might turn this site into something else, maybe a more personal blog, but I haven’t quite decided yet. 



Now I don’t want you to worry, I’ll be taking the segments I love to write with me, and I guarantee there will be new and awesome ideas coming from all of us over at Grizzly Bomb. Just having us all together again to work on Versus is worth it. So I want to thank all of you for not disappointing me, because I never thought I would actually have any readers. I was just a guy with a blog. But you showed me that if you put the content out there, people will read it, connections will be met, and absolutely no money will be made. But that’s okay, I don’t do it for the money.

So if you liked this site, expect 10 times more of that awesomeness over at Grizzly Bomb. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. So I leave happily with little regrets, and here is my parting words:


No comments:

Post a Comment