Sunday, March 6, 2011

SupaScoot's Smallville Review Part 1

The Complete Series Review... Part 1 - I Hate Smallville?

If you've read any previous articles I've written about Smallville, I was never known as a 'fan' or 'supporter' or 'positive... anything". 


"I hate Smallville." A statement. Fact.


And I tried. I really tried to like it. I watched stretches of the show for a few seasons, less and less frequently as the years progressed. 


Why did I hate it? 


Well, I have a lot of reasons, and could go on for chapters retelling old gripes and arguments. But I just don't feel it anymore.


Things might have changed over the last few days... weeks... months... I really don't know anymore. Anyways, I have been dedicated to watching the entire series from the beginning to coincide with the end of the series. That's a lot of Smallville




And it wasn't easy. The first three seasons, basically the 'heart' and inspiration for the rest of the series, was not an enjoyable time for me. The next six not much better. 


But I'm getting ahead of myself. This isn't review time yet. This is the intro. The epilogue. Why I'm writing a Series Review of a show I hate.


It's because I am currently sitting in anticipation week after week with the rest of the Smallville fans around the world. I have watched every episode of Smallville up to and including last week's episode. and I can't freaking wait for it to be over.


Seriously. The end of this undertaking is something I have looked forward to for a long, long time. I want to move on, so badly. I can't imagine what the cast feels like.


But I do have a confession. I don't wait every week so that I can see the end of this hated show. I wait to see what happens next. I need to know how this all plays out. 


Basically... I'm hooked.


The unthinkable happened. I converted. I can't wait to see the final episode, and enjoy it. I dreaded watching this moment throughout, oh probably the first 5 seasons, and now I dread watching the end of Smallville.


I guess I don't hate Smallville anymore. I said it. YOU win. 


Over the next few weeks I'll give you my reviews in a multi-part extravaganza, but don't expect glowing reviews or anything. Just because I may have been swayed, that could also be contributed to some sort of subliminal messaging that has eroded my brain after a decades worth of TV packed into a couple months of my already addled head computer.


And if you feel like arguing, sharing a fav or hated moment, or just abusing my own personal hygiene, leave a comment down below. 


Welcome to the Toast/Roast of Smallville.



No comments:

Post a Comment