Friday, March 18, 2011

First Look at Adrianne Palicki In Costume!

Trust me... click it...


Now it seems like yesterday we were talking about costume and casting for David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman NBC pilot. Oh that's because it was. And with production moving quickly, we get our first look at Adrianne Palicki in full on WW costume. SuperHeroHype reports:





Warner Bros. Television has provided us with the first image of Adrianne Palicki starring as the title character in the new NBC pilot "Wonder Woman," from executive producer David E. Kelley ("Boston Legal," "Ally McBeal," NBC's "Harry’s Law"). The pilot was written by Kelley, who also serves as executive producer with Bill D'Elia ("Boston Legal," "The Practice," NBC's "Harry’s Law"). Jeffrey Reiner ("The Event") is directing. Based upon DC Comics characters, "Wonder Woman" is from David E. Kelley Productions and Warner Bros. Television.


Now, I have to be honest, I have a whole lot of opinions on this one. I try to keep in mind that this is just a pilot, so I would expect with a long term commitment the suit may be modified. 


It seems like a pretty decent blend between her classic costume and her new updated threads (check yesterday's post above for the costume comparison), but I just don't know how I feel about it.


Adrianne looks great, don't get me wrong. There is a certain amazonian look to her, which I dig. With the costume itself, why not at least give her the red boots? There is a whole lot of blue going on. But I'm not a fashion critic. 


Since we are talking primetime NBC television here, it is quite a bold move for a media that has been pretty afraid of costumes. This is without a doubt the brightest-in your face-look at me I'm a superhero costume on TV, so I definitely applaud that, since that's the whole reason behind WW's costume in the first place. And it's definitely a change from the classic TV look.


It's definitely an interesting first look, but I will need to see more before I can really make a decision. When we see it in action, then we can judge.


What do you think of the costume? Let us know in the comments section below.

3 comments:

  1. They should have went with the star spangled underpants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe like a darker blue black pants, cuz holy shit it just screams blue pants at ya

    ReplyDelete