Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Captain America: The First Avenger' Trailer Hits The Net!

Yea, it looks pretty awesome...


Now I know there are a lot of haters out there who don't think Chris Evans is the right person for the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America, and I can't really disagree with them completely. I used to think the same thing. But with all the pics, news, interviews, etc. that have been coming out regarding Captain America: The First Avenger I can honestly say that my opinions on this movie, and Mr. Evans, have changed. 


Especially with the release of the first full trailer for the movie. Check it out:




Pretty awesome, which I've said before and I'll say again. In this trailer we definitely get a good look at puny Steve Rogers before his transformation into Cap. I was really wondering how they were going to punify Chris Evans, and I have to say I'm actually a little surprised at how well they pulled it off. With some of the screenshots we had seen before I was a little worried it was going to look like Basement Jaxx's 'Where's Your Head At' video and just not feel real. But it works, at leat in the trailer. 




We also get a very good look at Project: Rebirth (as it's known in the comics), the experiment that turns Frail Rogers into ass kicking Rogers. Evans definitely beefed up for the role, which is good, as Cap is no regular guy. 




During these scenes we get our first look at Howard Stark (Tony Stark/ Iron Man's father, natch), not to mention a good look at Tommy Lee Jones as Col. Chester Phillips and Stanley Tucci as Dr. Abraham Erskine, the creator of the Super Soldier Serum.




This trailer was full of a lot of great shots and moments, so I'm not going to go into depth over each of them. If you want to take a look at the key scenes, they have a rundown over at Splashpage that's pretty good.


Most of the screenshots came from either Splashpage or SuperHeroHype, where they have over 60 HD screenshots from the trailer.


Here's my favorite part:




Cap throwing and catching his shield... that's a nerdgasm right there if ever I saw one.


Captain America: The First Avenger moves into theaters 07.22.11


What do you think of the trailer? Any favorite parts? Hated ones? Sound off in the comments section below!


[Editor's Note- The commenting is now easier without word verification so comment your little hearts away!]

1 comment: