Saturday, November 6, 2010

Captain America: The First Avenger Photos!

The race for the casting of Steve Rogers in the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger directed by Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III, The Wolfman) had a lot of ups and downs, and nobody seemed to be able to agree on who should play the star spangled hero, leading to many heated debates on nerd boy comment boards. And then the lead was chosen, and the nerd world finally united... in potential disappointment. Chris Evans (Fantastic Four, The Losers) was offered the role and he accepted. Again, debates ensued. Nobody really knew what to think.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a crazy hate on for Evans, he's funny and he does well in the roles that suit him. I mean, his turn as Lucas Lee in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (which was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, hands down) was hilarious. But I just didn't know if he could pull off the Sentinel of Liberty, I mean, those are some pretty big combat boots to fill.

But I'm still uber-excited for this movie, and some recently released pics certainly help me believe that Evans might be able to pull this off. Plus the costume looks pretty cool: But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.

First here's Evans in costume on the cover of Entertainment Weekly:



“At the time, I remember telling a buddy of mine, ‘If the movie bombs, I’m f—-ed. If the movie hits, I’m f—-ed!’” After declining the part three times, Evans took a meeting with Marvel execs and Johnston and was dazzled by their plans for the movie. He still felt wary about suiting up for Captain America — but then he had an epiphany. “I was just scared,” he says. “I realized my whole decision making process was fear based, and you never want to make a decision out of fear.’” Evans signed a six-picture deal with Marvel to play the character, and he has no regrets: “I can’t believe was almost too chicken to play Captain America.”

6 picture deal! Dollah Dollah billz, y'all.That would be 3 Captain America and 3 Avenger's movies, for those wondering. Still, they gave Sam "Bad Mutha Fucka" Jackson a 9 picture deal as Nick Fury, so I'm not surprised. There's also a lot of photos including Haley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Hugo Weaving as Johann Schmidt/ Red Skull, and Toby Jones as Dr. Arnim Zola:

"No really, that was some other guy who played Human Torch. Why does everybody keep asking me that?"

"What, do I have something on my face?"
"No, I'm just wondering what that ginger scientist behind you is looking at..."

Cue sad walking away music from The Incredible Hulk

"Yea... I'm funny."

"All right, did anybody bring any batteries?"

"Herr Schmidt, I shrunk the kids..."

Click the pics for the Hi-Res version.Captain America: The First Avenger is set to hit theaters on July 22, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. The cover is photo shopped so I am not real impressed with it but the stills from the movie look great. I keep going up and down about this movie. Some of the leaked photos look great and others (like the Nazi bikes) look like crap. I still think Evans can pull it off and have since the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yag, thanks for posting, welcome to Action News!!! Yea im all over with this movie too, hopefully time will tell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Evans can totally pull it off. He was great in sunshine. Good in push ( it wasn't his fault it was a Shit movie) and descent in the fantastic fours. This guy is just getting started. He's going to prove himself on this one. Trust me

    ReplyDelete