Sunday, November 7, 2010

Spider-Man Reboot Adds More Cast Members

Good afternoon, I'm SupaScoot, and you've tuned into Action News!!! This segment is brought to us by Michael Bay and the letter...

EXPLOSION!!!



Thank you Mr. Bay, that will be all. Now onto the top stories...

A few more important roles have been cast in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot directed by Marc Webb. Some might even say that these are two of the most important roles, as they do raise the boy into the hero he becomes. Uncle Ben and Aunt May are in final negotiations to appear in the film. Let's start with Uncle Ben, the man behind Peter Parker/ Spider-Man's life motto.

"Oh Charlie, what have you done now?"

Martin Sheen is in final talks to portray Ben Parker in the reboot. Hmmm, so the father of Charlie and Emilio is the one chosen to raise one of the greatest superhero's ever!!!! (I'm a bit of a fan)

WTF?!?

So I  kid here because I'm a big fan of Martin Sheen... shit, I'm a huge fan of Charlie Sheen, and Emilio doesn't count cause he has a different last name, natch. This casting is a bit of a far cry from Sam Raimi's casting of Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben, who was great. But then I think of Sheen Sr. in Wall Street, and I can dig it. Now on to Peter's beloved Aunt May...

It's Smokey! Or is it the Bandit? I can never remember...

Sally Field is reportedly in talks to portray Aunt May alongside Sheen. I have nothing bad to say about this...I really don't. Would you question Mrs. Gump? I don't think so. She can handle Spider-Man.

They will join the cast of Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) as Petey/ Spidey, Emma Stone (Superbad, Easy A) as Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans (The Replacements, Little Nicky) who as far as I knew was playing the yet-to-be named villain, however I just noticed that IMDB has listed Ifans as playing the role of Dr. Curt Connors/ The Lizard. Interesting. 

I have to say, I am a little troubled by this movie, but I'm still grateful for the chance to keep seeing Spider-Man on the big screen.

This just in, it seems that Stan Lee himself has arrived at the airport with his thoughts on the recent casting decisions. Let's go to Ollie Williams on scene. Ollie?



Thanks Ollie. Well this has been your latest edition of SupaScoot's Action News. Did you have anything else you wanted to add, Mr. Bay?

BIG ASS EXPLOSION!!!



[sigh] Thank you, Mr.Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment